Join us as we visit Vienna, Austria in this travel guide covering 20 things to do in Vienna (Wien) including top attractions such as grand palaces and museums along with iconic experiences such as visiting cafes, coffeehouses and restaurants while experiencing nightlife in the city.
Vienna city is one of the grandest we’ve visited in Europe and its elegance, history and architecture will surely win you over. However, this city is not a living museum and with trendy restaurants, cafes and legendary nightlife you’ll travel to Vienna and leave wishing you could linger for a few more days.
A special thank you to friends Kash, Becki, Sabina, Drew & Deanna for helping us out with this guide to Vienna. Check out the pinned comment to follow them on social media.
20 Things to do in Vienna City Tour | Austria Travel Guide:
Intro to Vienna (Wien) – 00:01
1) Cafe Sacher for Viennese chocolate cake (sachertorte / sacher torte) – 00:33 and 01:23
2) Ring Road (Ringstraße) in the Old Town (Innere Stadt) of Vienna for parks, museums and palaces – 01:00
3) St. Stephen’s Cathedral (Stephansdom) for views of Vienna (Wien) – 03:29
4) Mozart’s House (Mozarthaus Vienna) on Domgasse 5 (1784 to 1787) – 04:17
5) St. Peter’s Church in Vienna (Peterskirche) – 04:43
6) Hofburg Palace (Sisi Museum, Imperial Apartments & Silver Collection) +Roman Ruins – 05:47
7) People’s Garden Park of Vienna (Volksgarten) – 06:57
8) Schönbrunn Palace (Schloss Schönbrunn) +
Palace Park – 07:37
9) Nightlife in Vienna with friends – 08:01
10) Street Food in Vienna eating Käsekrainer (sausage with cheese) – 09:40
11) Vienna Vineyards for wine tastings – 11:35
12) Viennese Breakfast in Vienna, Austria – 13:44
13) Prater Park + Wiener Riesenrad Ferris Wheel (1897) – 16:31
14) Austrian Food eating Schnitzel, Goulash and Apple Strudel – 17:49
15) Hundertwasserhaus for fascinating architecture – 20:36
16) Fleamarket in Vienna (recommended Nasch markt) – 21:33
17) Museum Quarter [Museumsquartier] (Mumok + Kunsthalle Wien + Leopold Museum) – 22:05
18) Maria-Theresien Platz (Museum of Natural History + Museum of Art History + Opera) – 22:53
19) Wiener Melange (coffee) + Mozart Cake + strudel at Aida coffeehouse – 23:25
20) Transportation around Vienna taking the Metro (U-Bahn) – 26:02
Outro – 26:40
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Vienna travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (Austrian and Viennese), top sightseeing tourist attractions and the city by day including visiting palaces gardens, churches and museums and Vienna by night for nightlife and entertainment. We also cover off-the-beaten-path outdoor activities you won’t find in a typical Vienna tourism brochure, Vienna itinerary or Vienna, Austria city tour.
WIEN – 20 Things to do in Vienna, Austria Travel Guide Video Transcript:
In this video we’re showing you around Vienna (Wien). After spending a few days in Tirol, the capital was our next stop and what a change of scenery. We swapped snow-capped mountains for some of the most elegant streets of Europe in Wien, Österreich.
Vienna is a city of imperial palaces, countless museums and grand coffee houses, and it was a feast for the eyes.
We can already tell you that one week was not enough to see it all, but in this video we’ll do our best to show you some of Vienna’s highlights!
And that’s a wrap for our guide to Vienna (Wien). We hope you guys enjoyed following along and that you got a few ideas of things to do on your own trip to Wien, Österreich.
Now you guys know the drill, if you have any other suggestions of fun things to do, see, or eat in Vienna, feel free to share those with travellers in the comments below. Wishing you happy travels and until next time!
This is part of our Travel in Vienna video series showcasing Viennese food, Viennese culture and Viennese cuisine.
This is part of our Travel in Austria video series showcasing Austrian food, Austrian culture and Austrian cuisine.
Music by DIZARO: https://soundcloud.com/dizarofr