Lima is one of the most dynamic cities in South America and we’re thrilled to showcase some of the top attractions and things to do in the city in this video guide. Our 30 things to do Lima, Peru travel guide highlights some of the top foods to eat in Lima (including Peruvian street food), museums worth checking out and must see attractions along with off-the-beaten track suggestions.
We delve deep into neighborhoods such as Miraflores and Larcomar and offer up suggestions for travel adventure junkies such a paragliding, surfing and biking. To satisfy our taste buds we sample Peruvian cuisine including ceviche, anticuchos, salchipapas, lomo saltado, chifa, nikkei and whole lot more as part of our Lima food guide.
Unfortunately, a lot of tourists skip Lima and head straight for Machu Picchu or the Amazon; however, for those who linger in Lima the reward is hanging out in the foodie capital of Latin America. Join us to find out why!
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
30 Things to do in Lima City Guide:
1) Love Park (El Beso – Parque del Amor)
2) Paragliding in Lima – Miraflores: (Parapente en Lima)
3) Ceviche for lunch in Lima (ceviche peruano)
4) Magic Water Circuit Water and Light Show (Parque de la Reserva: El Circuito Mágico del Agua)
5) Anticuchos beef heart (anticuchos de corazón)
6) Barranco neighborhood (Barranco barrio de Lima)
7) Huaca Pucllana adobe and clay pyramid (Huaca Juliana – Wak’a Pukllana)
8) La Rosa Náutica restaurant for ceviche, causa, lomo saltado, tacu tacu and Peruvian dessert
9) Larcomar shopping center in Miraflores (Larcomar es un centro comercial ubicad)
10) Cremolada – try Lúcuma and maracuyá
11) Surfing in Lima (El surf)
12) Nikkei Cuisine – Japanese Peruvian Food (日系) acevichado
13) Plaza Mayor – Plaza de Armas in the historic centre of Lima
14) San Francisco Monastery (Monasterio San Francisco)
15) Papa a la Huancaina y Papa Ocopa: Peruvian potato dishes with sauce
16) Basilica Cathedral of Lima (la Catedral de Lima)
17) Government Palace (Palacio de Gobierno) for changing of the guard
18) Pisco Sour and chilcano de pisco Peruvian alcoholic beverages
19) Parque Kennedy Park to feed and pet cats, people watch and eat Peruvian street food in Lima
20) Pan con Chicharron – Braised Pork Peruvian Sandwich
21) Indian Market (Mercado Indio) to shop for souvenirs in Lima
22) Ají de gallina: Peruvian chicken stew with cream, cheese, aji (hot peppers) & peanuts
23) Beaches in Lima including Miraflores (Costa Verde), Barranco, Chorrillos, La Punta & Cantolao in Callao
24) Chifa – Peruvian Chinese Food
25) Mercado de Surquillo Market in Lima
26) Salchipapas and Choripapas Peruvian fast food
27) Nazca Lines Park
28) Peruvian desserts (suspiro de limeña – Merengado de chirimoya)
29) Biking along the boardwalk in Lima
30) Causa Peruvian layered potato dish
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Lima travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best restaurants and street food), top museums and the city by day. We also cover off-the-beaten-path activities you won’t find in a typical Lima tourism brochure or Lima, Peru city tour.
30 Things to do in Lima, Peru | Top Attractions Travel Guide Video Transcript:
Many travelers to Peru tend to skip over Lima as they rush off to more scenic destinations, but we’re of the opinion that the capital has a lot to offer. As one of the largest cities in South America, Lima can be a little chaotic and crowded, but it is also full of surprises, especially in terms of culinary experiences and historic attractions. In this travel video guide, we’re going to take you on a tour of the city and show you 30 things to do in Lima, Peru. Now let’s get started!
And that’s a wrap for the Peruvian capital. We had a wonderful time visiting Lima and we hope that you’ll consider adding this destination to your travel bucket list if you come to Peru. As always, if you have any other suggestions of delicious foods to try, or cool things to do in Lima that we may not have mentioned, feel free to share those with travellers in the comments below. For more food and travel videos from around the world, be sure to hit subscribe!
This is part of our Travel in Lima, Peru video series showcasing Peruvian food, Peruvian culture and Peruvian cuisine.
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network