The Dominican Republic is one of this year’s top winter destinations, and the trend is expected to continue, especially now that more hotels and resorts are opening their doors. One of the largest anticipated projects for 2023 in this beautiful country is Cayo Levantado Resort, and it’s just been announced that they are now open for reservations. Since the property rests on its own private island, crowd-free relaxation on some of the best beaches in the Dominican Republic awaits travelers heading to this all-inclusive gem.
Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts has transformed the previous property to build a brand-new Cayo Levantado Resort on the spectacular secluded island of Cayo Levantado, near Samaná Bay, that will open its doors on June 1, 2023.
Travelers can start making reservations and exploring what the new 219 rooms and suites resort has to offer. Under the tagline, ‘A Rhythm All Its Own,’ the renovated five-star 24-hour all-inclusive resort wants to offer guests the best experiences to connect with local culture and nature and enjoy wellness moments in a sustainable environment.
The island Cayo Levantado is three miles away from Samaná Bay. To get there, international travelers can fly to Cater Airport —35 miles away— or the more popular Santo Domingo Airport —102 miles away— where guests will be welcomed by the resort staff and then transported in a private boat for a short sail to the resort in the island.
Cayo Levantado Resort Services And Amenities
The island Cayo Levantado only extends to 0.6 miles but has some of the best beaches in the Dominican Republic, away from large crowds. In this great location, Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts has developed an exclusive and promising renovated resort adapted to travelers’ needs and offering luxurious experiences.
Amenities and Services
- 219 spacious and stylish rooms with different categories, from junior suites to family junior suites with plunge pools to adults-only beachfront villas.
- 6 restaurants offering Dominican, Japanese-Peruvian fusion, Healthy, Steakhouse, and international food for guests. Four of the restaurants are part of the all-inclusive service.
- 7 bars and coffee shops.
- 2 pools.
- 2 spas (one Jungle Spa and a beauty salon).
- 2 training and CrossFit Studio.
- Beach access.
- Yubarta tour.
- Dance classes, theme events, sports, and activities like sunrise yoga, functional training, and body balance will be available.
- A cenote.
- Meditation rooms.
- Garden landscape circuit.
At this Caribbean paradise, guests can have holistic experiences and enjoy local culture and luxury at the only hotel on the iconic island. Most amenities and services are part of the all-included service.
About The Opening And Renovation
To build and design the new Cayo Levantado Resort, Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts partnered with Forbes Travel Guide to offer guests world-class professional services and guarantee the success of this new project. They have also focused on local culture, sustainability, and wellness.
“We are thrilled to announce the launch of this very unique nature’s enclave,” said Lluisa Salord, VP of Sales, Contracting, and Distribution. “Cayo Levantado Resort is certainly an important benchmark in the Dominican Republic, a major sustainable innovation project taking shape with the help of local companies and talent in Samaná. This project not only adds value to the tourism sector, but also contributes to the development of the country and the local community.”
Under the A Rhythm All Its Own concept, Cayo Levantado Resorts focuses on three pillars:
- Local Culture: the hotel has worked with local professionals like interior designers and architects to integrate local culture in all areas, including mixology and gastronomy.
- Wellness: Guests will find different wellness spaces and services for a holistic experience.
- Sustainability: The new Cayo Levantado Resort will be a self-sufficient property that uses local renewable energy and waste management strategies as well as native species of the island for gardening and landscaping.
At Cayo Levantado, guests will also have the opportunity to experience unique local ecotourism like going whale watching to see humpback whales during the season, body boarding and kite surfing in Las Terrenas, horseback riding to the waterfall El Limón, snorkeling, trekking, birding and more.
To guarantee an outstanding experience, travelers should consider travel warnings issued for the Dominican Republic and stay up to date with news and travel updates.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com